Wanted: Coordinator of Children’s Educational Activities at Hanley Farm, the historic living history farm of the Southern Oregon Historical Society between Central Point and Jacksonville. Credentials or licenses desirable but not required. $15 per hour; 200 hours maximum between Feb. 1 and December 1. Requires prior experience working with children and volunteers, good communication and supervisory skills. Successful applicant must pass background check and drug test.
106 North Central Ave.
Medford, OR 97501
- Responsible for overall program development, administration, and supervision of Children’s Heritage Fair (“CHF”), May 30, 31, and June 1, 2018, and Fall Children’s Harvest Fair (FCHF) October 4, 2018and prepare a children’s activity appropriate for each event at Hanley Farm: Heritage Plant Sale, April 28 and 29; Living History Days, July 7 and 8; Hanley Music Festival, mid-September; Scarecrow Festival, October 6 and 7; Haunted Field Walk, October TBA; Wreath Making, November 24.
- Train and supervise volunteers for all CHF and FCHF in conjunction with the SOHS Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensure that all event activities are consistent with SOHS’s mission and vision.
- Establish and maintain communication with members of the school staff about CHF and FCHF.
- Provide performance evaluations, feedback and/or surveys for CHF and FCHF to establish a system to measure satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Develop and ensure that timeline targets are met.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Oregon state curriculum standards covered in CHF and FCHF.
- Develop and maintain records needed for CHF and FCHF administration.
- Be aware of and comply with the responsibilities outlined in the SOHS workplace safety & health program.
- Represent the Southern Oregon Historical Society as an on-site and outreach ambassador, responsible for promoting Society resources, programs and services.
- Prepare program materials, displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations for all events consistent with the mission of SOHS.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials at CHF and FCHF.
- Organize and label materials, keep track of supplies, and stock teaching materials and supplies, making lists of items to be purchased or donated in a timely manner for all events.
- Oversee setup and breakdown of supplies and equipment for all events.
- Communicate with and work with the Hanley Farm Event Planning Committee and Gold Diggers in planning and executing all events.