Southern Oregon Historical Society provides digital materials for public use, research, and viewing for education and scholarship. Although these materials are publicly accessible, they are not necessarily in the public domain. In most cases, ownership of materials was transferred to Southern Oregon Historical Society.
For materials protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), transmission or reproduction beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright and/or property owners.
By their use of these materials, users agree to the following conditions of use:
- The materials available in digital format are for research and educational use only. These materials may not be used for any publication or commercial purpose without permission of Southern Oregon Historical Society
- Publication in any form, including electronic, requires written permission from Southern Oregon Historical Society
- For purposes of private study, scholarship, and research, users may reproduce materials from the Southern Oregon Historical Society Digital Collections without prior permission. If you are citing materials, please give proper attribution of the source.
- Users are not permitted to download files in order to mount them on their own servers for public use or for use by subscribers. Individuals and institutions may make a link to Southern Oregon Historical Society digital materials subject to our conditions of use.
To purchase print copies of photographic images in the Southern Oregon Historical Society Digital Collections:
- Contact Southern Oregon Historical Society at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use this link to request and pay for scanned photos (including Peter Britt photos)
United States Copyright Law
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
When Citing Materials in the Southern Oregon Historical Society Digital Materials
When using textual materials from the Southern Oregon Historical Society, please acknowledge the name of the original author or creator, title, publisher, date and other publication information, including website if applicable.
For photographs, please include the Southern Oregon Historical Society identification number.
Please acknowledge the Southern Oregon University Southern Oregon Historical Society as the digital publisher of the image or document.