Named in honor of Major-General George A. White (adjutant general for Oregon and commander of the 41st Division who d. Nov. 23 1941), the camp was 10 miles North of Medford. It was authorized January 1942, and dedicated Sept. 15, 1942, as a WWII training center. Camp White was a 77 square mile installation of over 900 buildings and 400,000 people at its peak. Although deactivated in 1946, some buildings were retained and in 1948, developed into a Veterans' Domiciliary serving veterans today as the Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center and Clinic. Other parts reverted to private ownership and part of the land became southern Oregon's largest industrial park and the residential community of White City.
Where did they go? Following the mail trail of the DPOs of Jackson County, Oregon (SHS 979.5281 S93 2013)
Camp White 1, 1949
Camp White 3, 1942