Mr. Alenderfer worked 11 years for California-Oregon Power Company before becoming partner of People's Electric Store. Frank Clark designed his house at 718 S. Oakdale Avenue, Medford in 1928. He was Medford's mayor for two terms, four years, during which time the Medford water system was extended to Big Butte Springs. Alennderfer was one of the veteran members and Exalted Ruler of the Elks Lodge, and he was High Priest and Prophet of Ashland Hillah Temple (Shriners) 1934. He was Director of Ashland Court 108, Royal Order of Jesters.
MMt, 1928 MMT, 09/24/1948 Table Rock Sentinel, 1988, #4, p. 9.